The Magic of Popping Bubble Wraps

Popping Bubble Wraps. Source: earth911.com


Have you ever felt that you are way too tired with your routines? Sometimes there is a day that will make us begging, "Oh good God, I need a little break." It has been happening to me lately. Working in a media industry in dealing with the tasks to take care of the editors' needs and giving assistance in inviting people for four events in a week got me so messed up. I even got some headaches everytime I saw those invitations that spread over my desk. 

There is almost no possibility for me to take a day off, so I will have my own break time instead. I read on some websites that actually there are many ways for us to refresh our mind during the hectic work. For example, we can entertain ourselves for a while by looking through the window and enjoy the moving clouds, the trees that are dancing with the winds, or simply seeing people passing by on the street. I tried this and it did not work. Why? Because when I looked at the window, there is no cloud (I assumed it was because the cloudy days in Jakarta lately, or worse: smokes), a very little plant, and traffics. Another idea is by taking a walk for a while and playing with some entertaining posts on your phone. In other words, you can browse some amusing things through internet to please the misery soul inside you. These last two work well for me.

The other way to entertain ourselves in office is by playing with bubble wraps. As it is widely known, popping the air from these bubble plactics is actually has magic to release yourself from stress. As quoted from www.keyw.com, Sealed Air Corporation conducted a survey and proved that popping bubble wraps for a minute helps in releasing stress and it is equal to a 33-minute massage. As a result, you will get steadier while the popping sound surprisingly could create a soothing simphony for you. It is also supported by a study by Kathleen M. Dillon. The US psychology professor told as it is cited on www.dailyedge.ie that, those who got to pop two sheets of bubble wrap felt at once calmer and more awake after they were done than before they'd started; they also reported higher levels of calmness and alertness than a group that was not granted popping privileges."

Therefore, if you feel that stresses are hitting you, you should try to get yourself a bubble wrap. It does not cost as expensive as the doctor and medicines needed. It allows you not only to pop the air inside the bubble wrap, but it also pop your tension away. If you find some bubble wraps when you unpack a package, do not throw them away. They will be your saviour when the misery is looking for a company. 

A few days ago, I got some bubble wraps and started making it as my toy in the middle of my stressful works. It was true: fun and addictive. I kept popping while scrolling down the data from my computer. Until then, a voice stopped me, "What's that, Liss? It's noisy!" I put my hand away from my toy and apologize. It was my boss who held a meeting in her room behind me with an opened door. So, when you do it, please be aware of your surroundings, especially when there is a meeting. However, it is weird enough that I kept giggling after I got that warning. Is it one of the bubble wraps effects?

Comments