My Expectations vs My Reality

I always imagine that writing is a kind of interesting activity. Since I joined the writing community called as One Day One Post,  I’ve always being challenged to write. I have not met difficulties in finding the ideas, yet. Usually, I search for things that happen on particular date and make it as my topic. For example, February 12th is Abraham Lincoln’s birthday, so I decide to write anything about him. On the weekend, I usually write about football since I am a big fan and almost never missed a game (unless Bayer Leverkusen vs Hertha Berlin on February 10th because the live streaming went suck). 

Everything seems fine. Until one day, I missed to write an article to be posted on my blog. Then, I missed it again. And suddenly I’ve already missed 3 days with no report of writings. The rule stated that if someone does not submit any links or give any information on why he or she cannot do so, that person will be expelled from the group. I got this warning this morning, and thank you for that actually. I am given a chance to complete it within three days! Awesome.  So, it can be said that at least I have to post two articles a day (I prefer article to fiction). Well, now I feel like a journalist where I am working at. 

The main reason why I cannot accomplish my task in writing is that I have to juggle my time. I work in a media company as a secretary whose desk is always filled with documents and whose phone never stops ringing. When I get home at night, my eyes just get too tired to look at the computer. I prefer to turn on my computer to watch movie for releasing my stress after working, or just lay down while fangirl Dylan O’Brien and Thomas Brodie Sangster (okay, this one is my bad). So, I try to do the writing in the office. I commit to finish my job until 5 pm and then I start to write on my blog until  7 pm. However, it also does not always look as good as it seems, because the job needs me doing many things. Once, I wrote an article in my office for almost half a day. I felt so happy when I did that because, again, it made me feel like I was the one of those journalists and the surrounding was just perfect. Then, people started calling me, asked me to do things. Suddenly, it felt like I was just got slapped and this brought me back to reality that I do not actually do the writing job that I have always been dreaming of.  Lesson learned, I have to be professional. Despite, I always try to cheer my self by keep saying that I can try to be writer just like those people I face everyday in my office.  It has to start now, or it will never happen.

Comments

  1. Oh my god,.. i dont know what are you say...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah maaf. Kalau ada grammar yang salah, mohon dibantu kak, ini masih tahap mengulang belajar lagi :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you, i can refresh my english, it gotten stuck cz i never use it. I'm happy cz i can understand every word you say, maybe i can try to write using english too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know that you understand my post. Maybe we can learn to write in English together, then. I would be very happy! :)

      Delete
  3. hoaa, nice post.. I hope I can learn from your English posting, I'm waiting ur letter again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment